What is the Young Playwrights for Change Contest?
Young Playwrights for Change is a playwriting contest for middle school students. Sixth, Seventh and Eighth graders in the Greater Hartford Area area are invited to submit their 6-10 page plays answering the question, “What do you want to change about the world?”
The top three plays will have a staged reading performance at Hartford Stage’s Youth Studio.
The winning play will represent Connecticut in the national competition hosted by Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA/USA) and American Alliance for Theatre and Education (AATE).
- Print and complete the entry form. All entry forms must have a valid parent or guardian signature to be considered.
- Send us the completed entry form and your play in any of the following ways:
- Scan and email them to email@example.com
- Fax them to the attention of Hartford Stage Education
- Mail hard copies to the following address:
Young Playwrights for Change Competition
Hartford Stage Education Department
50 Church Street
Hartford, CT 06103
Need help getting started? For information on a playwriting workshop near you, contact Krista DeVellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extended to Monday, January 25, 2016!