Local NON-EQUITY Auditions
for Rear Window
All roles are non-speaking
Audition Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 from 1 pm to 4 pm. Hartford Stage Offices, 942 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06103. Enter under the red Residence Inn awning and take elevator to the second floor (Rehearsal Studio 1).
Preparation: Actors should prepare one monologue and will be expected to move.
Actors must be available for the full rehearsal and performance schedule: September 26 through November 15, 2015.
Non-Equity actors only interested in auditioning should email email@example.com for an appointment.
Available Non-Speaking Roles (some actors may portray 2-3 characters):
- A young recently married wife, twenties, fresh faced.
- A young husband, twenties. He’s healthy and fit. Possibly was a GI.
- A woman in her twenties who is an exhibitionist and sits around in her underwear. Her body is good and she knows it. And she wants us to know she knows.
- A tired widow, late twenties-thirties. She’s a war widow, alone and scared. Stuck with trying to feed her child on meager government benefits. Afraid of the future. Afraid of being alone. Afraid she’s lost whatever life she ever hoped to have.
- A middle-aged man who’s a writer.
- Two construction workers.
- Two cops.
- A well-developed man lifting weights.
- A lonely man feeding his canary in a cage.
- A bitter, middle-aged husband.
- A bitter middle-aged wife.