An Opening in Time
September 17 – October 11
By Christopher Shinn
Directed by Oliver Butler
A moving play about finding connections in a shifting world. Anne, a retired schoolteacher, moves back to the suburban town in central Connecticut which she left years before. She finds a number of things have changed. Dunkin’ Donuts franchises are everywhere; the local high school is putting on a production of Rent; and a long-lost friendship suddenly reappears in a new guise.
A Pulitzer finalist for Dying City, presented at Hartford Stage in the 2008/09 season, Shinn is the winner of a 2005 OBIE in Playwriting and a Guggenheim Fellowship in Playwriting. He was shortlisted for the London Evening Standard Theatre Award for Best Play and has been nominated for an Olivier Award for Most Promising Playwright and the Lucille Lortel Award for Outstanding Playwright.
Cole P. Bonenberger
Assistant Stage Manager
- The New York Times: Christopher Shinn's "Last Play"
- Hartford Courant: Tapping My Connecticut Roots (Opinion by playwright Christopher Shinn)
- Connecticut Magazine: An Interview with Christopher Shinn
- WNPR: Christopher Shinn on the Colin McEnroe Show (audio)
- BroadwayWorld: An Interview with Christopher Shinn
- Hartford Courant: Christopher Shinn Talks About An Opening in Time (video)
- Christopher Shinn in Conversation at the West Hartford Library
- Examiner.com: Oliver Butler Recalls Formative Years at Hartford Stage
Photos by T. Charles Erickson
Support Provided By: