The Pianist of Willesden Lane
July 12 – 22, 2018
Based on the Book The Children of Willesden Lane by Mona Golabek and Lee Cohen
Adapted and Directed by Hershey Felder
Running Time: 90 minutes with no intermission
Recommended for ages 12+
$25 | $42 | $63 | $79 | $90
All Regular Season Student Seats $18.
Includes all fees. Prices subject to change without notice. Please call for Student Matinee Rates.
An expression of hope and the life-affirming power of music, The Pianist of Willesden Lane tells the true story of a young Jewish musician, who was sent from Nazi-ruled Vienna to the relative safety of London during the Blitzkrieg. In this inspirational show, piano virtuoso Mona Golabek performs some of the world’s most beautiful music as she shares her own mother’s riveting story of survival.
“A skillful concert performance with a heartwarming story of survival…Entrancing!"
“An extraordinary story of human courage, cooperation, and talent."
- NEW–Hartford Courant: Pianist of Willesden Lane Gives an Encore
- NEW–Danbury News-Times
- The New York Times: Holding on to Her Mother's Memories
- Hartford Courant: The Power of Music to Sustain
- The Jewish Ledger: An Interview with Mona Golabek
- Connecticut Post: "Willesdane Lane" Arrives in Hartford After National Acclaim
Trevor Hay & Hershey Felder
Original Lighting Design
Andrew Wilder & Greg Sowizdrzal
Cynthia Caywood, PhD
Production Stage Manager
Kaitlin Lavella Kelly
Meghan Maiya, Emma Hay, Jordan Hay