PlayDate was developed jointly by Hartford Stage and Christ Church Cathedral to offer reliable, convenient childcare for parents eager to relax and enjoy a live theatre performance.
DAY OF PERFORMANCE INFORMATION:
- On the day of the performance, go directly to Christ Church Cathedral – 45 Church Street, Hartford, CT 06103 (directly across the street from the Hartford Stage Box Office). Ring to bell to be let in. The ChildCare room is on the second floor. A Christ Church or Hartford Stage representative will escort you and your child to the space.
- Drop off will be between 1:30 and 1:50 pm before the 2 pm matinee
- Your tickets and a release form to be signed will be at the Church.
- Pick up will be within 20 minutes after the end of the show.
- Caregivers and Hartford Stage front of house staff will have seat information for all participating adults so that we can find you in case of an emergency.
INFORMATION ABOUT CHILD CARE INITIATIVE:
- All participating children must be between the ages of 2 and 10 years.
- Childcare providers are background checked and Safe Church trained.
- Older children will have a movie and age appropriate board games; younger children will have age appropriate toys and coloring.
- Snacks are the responsibility of parent/caregivers and should be labeled with instructions.
- Children do not need to be potty trained but diapering supplies should be provided by the family.
- There will be a 4 to 1 child to adult ratio with at least one CPR/First Aid trained care provider on site.