A Christmas Carol
A Ghost Story of Christmas
November 29 – December 28, 2019
By Charles Dickens
Adapted and originally directed by Michael Wilson
Directed by Rachel Alderman
The magic of Charles Dickens’ heartwarming classic returns for its 22nd season. Come see Connecticut’s favorite family holiday tradition and spend some time with Ebenezer Scrooge, Tiny Tim, Bob Cratchit, Jacob Marley and the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future as they bring A Christmas Carol to life on stage. It’s perfect holiday entertainment!
Approximate Running Time
Approximately 1 hour, 45 minutes with one intermission.
Smoke effects, strobes, scary ghosts
Days with a matinee and evening show
Tickets range from $25-$99
Student Seats for A Christmas Carol $15 off full price, excluding SuperSaver tickets.
Includes all fees. Prices subject to change without notice. Student tickets by phone only, please.
Photos by T. Charles Erickson.
- Hartford Stage Given Elaborate Window Display
- Hartford Stage’s A Christmas Carol Has A New Scrooge
- Michael Preston to Play Ebenezer Scrooge
- Trinity Professor Makes Debut as Scrooge in A Christmas Carol
- New Scrooge Brings Darkness, Comedy to A Christmas Carol
- There’s a New Scrooge in Town
- The New Face of Scrooge
- A Conversation with Michael Preston
- An Interview with Michael Preston (audio)
HPL @ Hartford Stage
Hartford Public Library and Hartford Stage invite you to dig deeper into the world of the plays onstage. Use your Connecticut town library card to check out a book from the HPL @ Hartford Stage library kiosk located in the lower lobby of the theatre near Guest Services.
Tiny Tim’s Holiday Food Drive
Please consider donating non-perishable, unexpired food items for “Tiny Tim’s Holiday Food Drive” benefiting Hands On Hartford! You may drop off non-perishable food donations with Guest Services. Some suggested items:
- Boxed cereals
- Pancake mix and syrup
- Canned soups
- Canned fruit and vegetables
- Drinks (coffee, tea, 100% juice)
- White or brown rice
- Canned tuna
- Canned meats and stews
- Peanut butter and jelly
Thank you for helping us make this holiday season special for local families in need!