February 13 – March 14, 2020
By Charlotte Brontë
Adapted and Directed by Elizabeth Williamson
Orphaned as a child, Jane takes a position working as governess at Thornfield Hall for the brooding Edward Rochester. The strong-willed Jane falls in love with her mysterious employer, but the discovery of a dark secret and its devastating aftermath forces the young governess to make a heart-wrenching decision that changes their lives forever.
Approximate Running Time
Days with a matinee and evening show
Playdate babysitting performance (What’s this?)
Thank you for your interest in PlayDate, our new babysitting initiative pilot program!
PlayDate was developed jointly by Hartford Stage and Christ Church Cathedral to offer reliable, convenient childcare for parents eager to relax and enjoy a live theatre performance.
YOU MUST RESERVE YOUR SPACE 72 Hours in advance of the performance.
The deadline to purchase tickets AND add-on PlayDate is February 19!
DAY OF PERFORMANCE INFORMATION:
- On the day of the performance, go directly to Christ Church Cathedral – 45 Church Street, Hartford, CT 06103 (directly across the street from the Hartford Stage Box Office). Ring to bell to be let in. The ChildCare room is on the second floor. A Christ Church or Hartford Stage representative will escort you and your child to the space.
- Drop off will be between 1:30 and 1:50 pm before the 2 pm matinee
- Your tickets and a release form to be signed will be at the Church.
- Pick up will be within 20 minutes after the end of the show.
- Caregivers and Hartford Stage front of house staff will have seat information for all participating adults so that we can find you in case of an emergency.
INFORMATION ABOUT CHILD CARE INITIATIVE:
- All participating children must be between the ages of 2 and 10 years.
- Childcare providers are background checked and Safe Church trained.
- Older children will have a movie and age appropriate board games; younger children will have age appropriate toys and coloring.
- Snacks are the responsibility of parent/caregivers and should be labeled with instructions.
- Children do not need to be potty trained but diapering supplies should be provided by the family.
- There will be a 4 to 1 child to adult ratio with at least one CPR/First Aid trained care provider on site.
$25 | $45 | $65 | $80 | $95
All Regular Season Student Seats $20.
Includes all fees. Prices subject to change without notice.
- February 13-19: Previews (what’s this?)
- February 21: Opening Night
- March 1, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm: Open Captioned Performance (what’s this?)
- March 7, 2:00 pm: Audio Described Performance (what’s this?)
Previews are the first week of a show. The director may still be making adjustments to the performance.
Open Captioned Performances
For patrons who are deaf or have hearing loss. FREE with admission.
Audio Described Performances
For patrons who are blind or have low vision. FREE with admission.
HPL @ Hartford Stage
Hartford Public Library and Hartford Stage invite you to dig deeper into the world of the plays onstage. Use your Connecticut town library card to check out a book from the HPL @ Hartford Stage library kiosk located in the lower lobby of the theatre near Guest Services.
February 25, 26 and March 3
Join members of the cast and our Artistic staff for a free discussion, immediately following select 7:30 pm performances on Tuesday or 2:00 pm Wednesday matinees. FREE
Sunday Afternoon Discussion
Speaker TBD. Immediately following the 2:00 pm Matinee. FREE.
Blanche, Bessie and Grace Poole
Mason, St. John Rivers and John Reed
Diana Rivers and Leah
Megan Gwyn (Hartt School at the University of Hartford)
Mrs. Fairfax, Aunt Reed and Hannah
Felicity Jones Latta
Adèle and Young Jane
Priest, John, and Doctor
Adaptor and Director
Laura Stanczyk, CSA
Production Stage Manager
Assistant Stage Manager
The John and Kelly Hartman Foundation